Saturday 23 March 2013

Bli$$ard...

The thunderstorm came out of nowhere. Its lightnings overwhelmed me in an instant. "What is going on?" I asked. "Heart of The Swarm is coming out soon." I heard. 

The death of the Storm.

   This is actually a true story. I did not remember that HoTS will come out so fast. Actually I would have forgotten about SC2 completely if not Psy's youtube channel. Then, when I was reading the Kotaku site I realized that HoTS is coming out 7 days later.
   The inability to play with my real friends and lack of anything besides frustrating ladder matches forced me to delete SC2 content from my laptop. What is more, WoL failed to provide things that I loved from SC1 and SC:BW which are: great narration (talking portraits are still better than cutscenes with generic talk that tells you nothing important and only wastes your time) and hanging out with friends doing funny stuff. As WoL was a rather expensive game, almost no one who did not want to commit to SC2 bought it. That left me with only one friend that i know so even if the gameplay was actually well designed and i liked the fast pace of SC2 it vanished after i completed the campaign and associated achievements.
   Later I came back to SC2 like once a month but realized that I have to play ladder almost from the beginning (ah those stressfull placement matches) as those stupid seasons cancelled every progress you made. Funny that Bli$$ decided to give up their main feature of the game so easily.
   When I heard that HoTS is coming out, i decided to download the game once again to check tgose new units and stuff (I was sure that they will let me use the multiplayer features of the new expansion). But wait. When I tried to log in to my BN account it ordered me to change the password because it might be compromised. Ok. So i had to run for my copy of the game and write license number in the box to unlock the pass change. How suprised I was when the system ordered me to do this again the next day. Ok so the game downloaded fine. Next problem I encountered is that I can't choose zerg race even from the AI matches. Great Bli$$ard. I will never believe in you again.
   When a company focuses only on hardcore players that spend millions of hours on mastering their gameplay and APM and no support for a casual one... it will die. With the death of a storm.

No comments: